Saturday 12 September 2009

Heartbreaking

I followed Laura Collins' kind steer and went to read the messageboard at www.aroundthedinnertable.org.

This thread, about a ten year old girl and her desperate mother, is movingly heartbreaking :-(


My impression so far is that the UK system of health is better than that clearly prevailing in Australia- I may be lucky living nearby, but Waif had a referral straight through to the Maudsley and she is way off being as ill as poor Elleelephant's daughter.

I only wish I had any advice but am not yet at that stage as I know too little about approaches to ED. I am hoping to learn much more at the Maudsley, and am glad that I seem to have a headstart on the ED and hope to nip it in the bud. It must be terrifying to have a too too thin child simply refusing to eat.

1 comment:

  1. In the USA, being diagnosed with ednos is as good as not seeing a doctor. Since there isn't a concrete treatment for it, insurance companies deny payments for treatment. There are only 1 or 2 treatment centers in the country and if you're saddled with ednos, you're screwed. I found your blog by searching for "are anorexics more susceptible to the flu?"

    ReplyDelete