Monday 22 February 2010

Mealtimes and Milestones

Now 16, Constance was diagnosed with anorexia in 2007 at 14 years old, and wrotea diary which is now published.


I may give this to Waif to read. The thought of being fed by a tube is horrendous.

Eating Disorders Awareness week starts today.

Waif has her Maudsley appointment after school. I will be surprised (and delighted) if she has put on much weight. My best guess is 200 grammes. Just recently, she has always eaten "just before" I get to the kitchen.......like this morning - at 7.10 I take Older Daughter to the bus stop and am back at 7.30 to do breakfast for Waif but she has "just eaten" :-( I so hope she really has. She has asked me to bring a jam sandwich to school when I pick her up for eating just before her appointment. Is this a good thing or a last minute panic? At least I don't think Waif has lost weight - she still looks a little healthier than 4 weeks ago when she looked dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment