Friday 27 November 2009

Treading on eggshells

Being a parent to a child with an eating disorders means being ever vigilant about what one says. I found a new food in Waitrose yesterday: a "jumble" made from oats, yoghurt and fruit. THis looked nutritious, delicious and, just as importantly, comes in good sized pots which could be taken to school for a good breaktime snack. I put 3 tester pots on the breakfast table. One with cherries, one berries and one with apple and pear.

Unfortunately, before I had introduced them to the girls, my husband said "what are these disgusting pots of sick doing on the table". There was no way I was going to have any luck after that :-(

On another point, I read this heartbreaking article this morning:





2 comments:

  1. I sometimes eat those! they are nice.
    (he doesn't get it, does he?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending encouragement and hope to you, fellow mother.

    ReplyDelete